Chocolate Star CreamsFrom mikku 5 years ago
- Dough shopping list
- 2 stick (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened regular cocoa powder shopping list
- 3 Tbs cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 large egg yolks shopping list
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp milk shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1 brick (3 oz) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened regular cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- You’ll also need: blue food color; cutters of different shapes shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Beat butter, sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla until smooth. On low speed, beat in flour until blended. Divide dough in half; wrap each in plastic wrap. Chill 1 hour.
- 2. Heat oven to 180°C . Line several baking sheets with parchment or nonstick liners. Roll dough between two sheets of wax paper to 1⁄8-in. thickness. Cut out large shapes and place 2 in. apart on baking sheet. Imprint a small star or any shape in the middle of half of the large shapes (don't press through). Bake 10 minutes, or until set but soft to the touch. Cool on rack. Bake remaining dough.
- 3.Mix glaze ingredients until smooth enough to spread (thin with more milk if needed); tint half of the glaze light blue and leave the rest white. Using a fine paintbrush, brush half of the imprinted small shapes with blue glaze, the other half with white. Let dry on a wire rack until glaze hardens, about 1 hour.
- 4. Beat cream cheese, cocoa powder and butter in bowl on medium speed until light and smooth. On low speed, beat in sugar just until combined. Add the vanilla; beat until incorporated.
- 5. Spread filling on the bottoms of the cookies without imprints. Top with glazed imprinted cookies and gently press together.
The Cookmikku Jeddah, Jeddah
- Not added to any groups yet!