Roast Leg Of Lamb With RosemaryFrom sufia 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons prepared dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 5 pounds whole leg of lamb shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt. shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, rosemary, ground black pepper, lemon zest and garlic. Mix well and apply to the lamb. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and roast for 55 to 60 more minutes for medium rare. The internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) when taken with a meat thermometer. Let the roast rest for about 10 minutes before carving.