Vegan MoussakaFrom cinnamyn77 2 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 large eggplant, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 potatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced shopping list
- 3 clove garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 T white vinegar shopping list
- 1 large can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3 cups cooked lentils shopping list
- 1 t dried oregano shopping list
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
Vegan Béchamel Sauce
- 1/3 c olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 c flour (non-wheat flour works fine) shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 2 cups coconut or soy milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- 1. If desired, sprinkle eggplant slices with salt and set aside for 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375F.
- 3. Fry eggplant and zucchini in oil until lightly browned.
- 4. Saute onion and garlic, then add vinegar and reduce. Mix in cooked lentils, tomatoes, and seasonings, and simmer 15-30 minutes.
- 5. In 9" x 13" baking dish, layer half of eggplant and zucchini. Layer potatoes next, then lentil mixture. Finish with remaining eggplant and zucchini.
- 6. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- 7. Meanwhile, prepare sauce: Heat the olive oil and mix in the flour and nutmeg, stirring constantly until lightly browned. Whisk the cornstarch mixture and salt into the soy milk, then gradually whisk the liquid into the flour mixture. Stir frequently until the mixture boils, then reduce heat and continue to stir until thick.
- 8. Cool the sauce for a few minutes, then remove vegetables from oven, spread sauce over top, and return to oven. Bake uncovered for another 30-45 minutes, until vegetables are tender and topping is browned.
The Cookcinnamyn77 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!