St. Paulstrami SandwichFrom keni 4 years ago
For egg Foo Young
- 2 green onions, sliced shopping list
- about 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts shopping list
- 1 cup bean sprouts shopping list
- about 1 cup chopped pastrami shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1T oyster sauce(can sub soy sauce, if desired) shopping list
- 1t Chinese hot mustard shopping list
- 1t Chinese hot garlic sauce or paste(sub your favorite hot sauce, and a lil minced garlic, if desired :) shopping list
- 1 heaping T cornstarch shopping list
- fresh ground pepper and kosher or sea salt(use sparingly, depending on how salty your sauce is) shopping list
- dash sesame oil(optional) shopping list
- olive or peanut oil for frying shopping list
- Yum Yum sauce(My Version Of Yum Yum Sauceyes, Its A Real Thing) shopping list
- leaf lettuce shopping list
- sliced tomatoes shopping list
- sesame bread shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet or wok, heat a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add onions, chestnuts, sprouts, pastrami, sauces and mustards and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cornstarch and continue to stir well, distributing the starch throughout.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool, slightly
- In large bowl, beat eggs and add salt and pepper.
- Add ingredients from the wok and mix well.
- In same wok, drizzle with a bit more oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Add a ladle full of the egg mixture to the hot oil(you can maybe get 2-3 in the wok at once, depending on the size of your pan. You want to make 6-8 patties, total)
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, flip, then cook another 2 minutes or so. Both sides should be golden brown.
- Add the warm patties to the bread and top with lettuce, tomato and a slather of the yum yum sauce.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!