Cranberry - Sweet Potato BunsFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 2/3 cup mashed sweet potato (unseasoned) shopping list
- 1 cup water, warm shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk, warm shopping list
- 2 tbsp melted butter shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp instant yeast shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups oat flour (or whole wheat flour) shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, soaked in hot water and drained shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, mix sweet potato, water, buttermilk, butter and egg until well blended.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, whisk together yeast, flours, sugar, salt and rosemary.
- Add the sweet potato mixture and mix to form a shaggy dough. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add cranberries and begin kneading, by hand or dough hook, for 10-12 minutes. Dough should pull away from the sides of the bowl but stick to the bottom.
- Place the dough into a greased bowl, cover and let rise for 40 minutes.
- Punch dough down, knead briefly and divide into 10 even buns. Place on two parchment-lined sheets.
- Cover and let rise for another 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotatng pans halfway through.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget557 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Whole Foods142 members
Original Recipes143 members
Christmas All Year181 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Family Favourites134 members
Unusual Combinations82 members