Chili Chicken-indo Chinese StyleFrom sm8085 2 years ago
- 1.5 lb Boneless, skinless chicken thighs/breast pieces chopped into bite sized pieces shopping list
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- vegetable oil for deep frying shopping list
- For the sauce: shopping list
- 2 cups thinly diced onions shopping list
- 2 tbsp minced ginger shopping list
- 2 tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tbsp minced green chilies shopping list
- 2 tbsp spring onions chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp ketchup shopping list
- 1 tsp chili sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, salt, chili powder and enough water to make a smooth paste.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, and mix well to coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
- In a frying pan, add enough vegetable oil to deep fry the chicken pieces. When the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces, making sure the pieces don’t stick together, and fry in batches till the chicken pieces are cooked, but not too crispy.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the pan, and drain on paper towels.
- In a wok, add 2 tbsp of oil from the frying pan, and saute the onions, ginger, garlic and green chilies till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the 1/2 tsp cayenne, a little bit of salt and fry till brown.
- Now add the fried chicken pieces and spring onions. Mix.
- Add soy sauce, ketchup, chili sauce and 1/4 cup hot water and stir it all together.
- Heat on high, stirring occasionally till all the water is absorbed.
- Serve hot!!!!
People Who Like This Dish 0
- sm8085 Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔