Sesame ChickenFrom sheilabeela 1 year ago
- Meat shopping list
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- marinade shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons light soy sauce shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon cooking wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry shopping list
- * 3 drops sesame oil shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon vegetable oil shopping list
- Sauce shopping list
- * 1/2 cup water shopping list
- * 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- * 1/8-1/4 cup white vinegar (depending on how sweet you want the sauce) or 1/8-1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (depending on how sweet you want the sauce) shopping list
- * 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- * 1 cup sugar (we use 1/2 cup sugar but the orginal recipe called for 1 cup) shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons sesame oil shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon chili paste (or more) shopping list
- * 1 garlic clove (minced) shopping list
- Frying shopping list
- * peanut oil (3 1/2-4 cups) shopping list
- Serving shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. Mix the marinade ingredients (the first 9 ingredients listed) and marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
- 2. To prepare the sauce:.
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients. Pour them into a small pot and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Turn the heat down to low and keep warm while you are deep-frying the chicken.
- 3. To deep-fry the chicken:.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and then place chicken in warm oven (130 degrees) while you continue frying. Repeat with the remainder of the chicken. Just before you are finished deep-frying, bring the sauce back up to a boil.
- 4. Place the chicken on a large platter and pour the sauce over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve the Sesame Chicken with rice.
The Cooksheilabeela Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!