Chipotle Roast Pork (pulled Sandwiches)From doreenfish 4 years ago
- 3 1/2 lb pork shoulder roast shopping list
- 2/3 c packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt or just plain kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tsp seasoned salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 can(s) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (7 ounce can) shopping list
- 1 c water shopping list
How to make it
- Slice roast about 3/4 of the way through (leave the bottom 1 1/2 inch intact) every 3/4inch so that the slices fall open, but are still connected on the bottom.
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and spices. Mix well to create a dry rub. Press this rub onto all surfaces of the pork roast..making sure to get it in between the cuts. Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the chipotle peppers & adobo sauce to create a thick sauce. Spoon about 1/3 (or more if you like heat) of the sauce all over the pork roast. Again make sure to hit all of pork and in between the cuts.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the cooker, being careful not to rinse all seasoning off the meat.
- Cover the slow cooker, and cook on high for six hours.
- Once roast is done pull out and set aside on a plate. Once cool enough to handle shred pork with 2 forks. Skim the fat off the sauce in the crock pot and put in a small saucepan. Mix a little flour to thicken a little and keep warm . Once you have shredded the pork put it back in the crock pot and pour sauce over top. Heap onto fresh buns and devour!! So yummy!!
- *I saved s little sauce and dipped our sandwiches in it at the table.
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!