Mushroom And Sun-dried Tomato Cream SauceFrom rebeculous 4 years ago
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled, halved, and cut into thin slices shopping list
- 4 - 6 cloves garlic, minced (I like lots of garlic so sometimes I use even more than 6 cloves) shopping list
- 4 oz sun-dried tomatos (optional) shopping list
- 4 tblsp unsalted butter or olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry cooking sherry shopping list
- 1 tblsp flour (optional) shopping list
- 1 pint half and half or heavy cream shopping list
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large, heavy bottom skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic; cook until onions are tender.
- Add mushrooms and tomatos; cook until mushrooms begin to appear cooked.
- Add cooking sherry; turn heat up to med-high and cook until the liquid thickens and alcohol has mostly cooked away.
- Add the flour here if you want to.
- Turn the heat back to medium and add the cream slowly. I usually add half and see how that goes, then add more as I need it but usually use about 3/4 of the pint.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until your sauce has thickened to your liking, serve immediately over pasta or chicken.
The Cookrebeculous Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!