Cornish Hens With Garlic & Herb CouscousFrom corrinnej 2 years ago
- 2 cups couscous, tri-color shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2 cornish game hens shopping list
- 2 oz. vegetable oil shopping list
- ½ cup black olives (pitted & halved) shopping list
- ½ cup green olives (pitted & halved) shopping list
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes shopping list
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes shopping list
- ¼ cup capers shopping list
- 2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- ½ cup peas shopping list
- 2 tbsp. parsley (chopped) shopping list
- 1 Spreadable cheese, Alouette® garlic and herbs shopping list
How to make it
- Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan and add the couscous. Bring back to a simmer, cover and remove from heat.
- After 10 minutes stir in olive oil with a fork and keep warm.
- Split and quarter each Cornish game hen and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Sear all pieces of the Cornish game hen until golden brown.
- Drain oil and add olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, cherry tomatoes and heat thoroughly.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove Cornish game hen and most of the vegetables from the sauce.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Stir Alouette Garlic and Herbs Spreadable Cheese into the liquid to make the sauce.
- Add the peas and chopped parsley.
- To serve, fill the bottom of the tanjine or casserole dish with the cooked couscous, top with the Cornish game hen and vegetables. Spoon sauce over Cornish game hens and couscous.
The Cookcorrinnej New Holland, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!