Braised Pork Belly (dong Po Rou Style)From mommylotte 1 year ago
- about 500g of pork belly shopping list
- about an inch of ginger (peeled and sliced) shopping list
- 2 stalks of scallions (cut into 2-inch length) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp of oil shopping list
- 2 ¼ Cups of water shopping list
- 1 Cup of light soy souce ( I used Kikkoman) shopping list
- 5-6 Tbsp of dark soy sauce shopping list
- 2 ½ Tbsps of brown sugar shopping list
- 3 ½ Tbsp of shaoxing wine shopping list
How to make it
- Boil a pot of water and add the Pork Belly.
- Let it boil for about 5 minutes. Remove from water.
- Cut into cubes, about 2 inches square. Then set aside.
- In a pan, add oil and saute ginger and scallions until aromatic.
- Add water and boil for 5 mins.
- Add the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and wine.
- On high heat, add the brown sugar and pork pieces.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes (covered). or until the pork is tender.
- Scoop out the Pork pieces to a plate and ladle small amount of braised liquid.
- Serve with sweet buttered veggies you prefer. I made Sweet buttered carrots as a side dish. Simply blanch or steam the carrots and saute them in melted butter with brown sugar,