Maple SouffleFrom ttaaccoo 5 years ago
- 1 cup maple syrup--Bring to a boil and reduce to 3/4 cup. Let cool. shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 4 egg whites--beat stiff shopping list
- butter for the dish--1 1/2 quart souffle shopping list
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons brandy shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the sugar and baking powder. Add the cooled syrup and combine well. Preheat oven 350 F
- In another bowl, beat 4 whites 'til stiff. Fold 1/4 of the whites into maple mixture. Heap combined mix onto remaining whites, and lightly and thoroughly combine.
- Pour the brandy on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Make a 2 inch collar to fit above the rim of the dish.
- Turn the maple/eggwhites into the souffle, and bake for 55 minutes; sprinkle the almonds on top, and bake 5 more minutes.
- serve immediately.
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!