Sambal Belacan Chili PasteFrom Yinhomemade 2 years ago
- Dried chili( if you like it extra spicy add more chili), soak and remove the stump shopping list
- 6-8 stalks of lemongrass, use only the white part and do away the green stalks shopping list
- shallot, peeled shopping list
- Belacan (dried shrimp paste), cut pieces shopping list
- turmeric powder (optional) – to add coloring to the chili paste shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Soak dried chili well. You can add bird’s eye chilies to increase the spiciness.
- 2. Add belacan bit by bit. The degree of saltiness varies with different brands of belacan, so it is prudent to mix the belacan in little by little, tasting as you go along.
- 3. Blend the above ingredients with cooking oil until fine, the consistency should be as shown in the photo below and not lumpy.
- 4. Heat wok and pour grind chili paste, add in one to two table spoon turmeric powder and keep frying in low heat until the color changed to deep dark red and oil separated from the paste.
- 5. Remove from heat, let it cool completely before storing in air tight container
- You may keep the sambal belacan paste in an air tight container in the fridge to last for at least 2 weeks.
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!