Pasta With Fresh Tomato Sauce (pasta Con Salsa De Tomates Fresco)From Ecualombian 3 years ago
- 500g spaghetti pasta shopping list
- 5 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 4 plum tomatoes (or any of choice), chopped shopping list
- 1/2 White or yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- salt & pepper, to taste shopping list
- Parmesan, Pecorino, or Fresh white cheese, Grated shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Bring a pot of salted water up to a boil. Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- 2. Bring a medium saute pan on medium high heat. Add the oil. Then add the chopped tomatoes, onion, and garlic. Saute until the juices of the tomato have been extracted. Make sure not to overcook, you want to keep the nutrients and flavor of the fresh tomatoes, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add a ladle spoonful of the pasta water into the pan and cook down, for about 5 minutes.
- 4. Don’t forget to strain your pasta when it’s al dente.
- 5. Once the sauce is in a suited consistency for you and the veggies are cooked, season with salt & pepper. Then add in the pasta and mix well. Serve the pasta with the sauce and top with the grated cheese of choice.
- Enjoy with a glass of wine!
The CookEcualombian Whitestone, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!