Spaghetti With Green Chile Sausage And MusselsFrom amysf 5 years ago
- 1 pound spaghetti shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO) shopping list
- 3/4 pound bulk green chile sausage shopping list
- 2 ribs celery with leafy tops, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped shopping list
- About a tablespoon of fennel seeds, to taste shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 pints grape or cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh oregano shopping list
- 1 lb. mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it generously, add the pasta and cook to just shy of al dente, about 7-8 minutes. Drain.
- While the pasta is working, in a large, deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat the EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Crumble in the sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the celery, onion, garlic, fennel seeds and bay leaf and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, cover, increase the heat to high and cook until they burst, about 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium-high and pour in the wine, scraping the bottom of the pan. Stir in the parsley and oregano, season with pepper and add the mussels. Cover the pan and cook until the mussels open, about 2 minutes (discard any that do not open). Add the pasta and toss to combine. Let stand for 2 minutes, then gently toss again and serve.
- Serve with a salad and garlic bread for a scrumptious meal!