Lemon Chicken PiccataFrom Oishiinam 4 years ago
- 4 (4- to 6-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, flattened to about 1/4-inch (use a plastic bag and rolling pin) shopping list
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or use additional broth) shopping list
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 (14-oz.) can artichoke hearts, quartered or use equivalent frozen artichoke hearts shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Season flattened chicken with salt and black pepper. In a shallow dish (or dinner plate), combine flour, lemon zest and paprika. Mix well. Add chicken and turn to coat. Remove chicken from flour mixture and shake off excess flour.
- To the hot oil, add the garlic. Add chicken and saute 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Add lemon juice, wine and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens. Add capers and simmer 1 minute to heat through, then serve.
The CookOishiinam Burlington, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!