Vichyssoise (chilled Potato Soup)From sm8085 2 years ago
- 4 medium leeks (only the white portion)- thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 small onion- thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes (about 3 medium), thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cream shopping list
- Chopped chives to garnish shopping list
- salt & white pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the leeks and onion. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the broth and potatoes to the pot. Increase the heat to medium and bring to a boil. Simmer, partially covered, until the potatoes are tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup in batches in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Transfer the soup to a large bowl. Add salt to taste and pepper. Thin with cream and stir to blend.
- Chill thoroughly for at least 2 hours.
- Serve garnished with chopped chives.