Buffalo Chicken Dip With BaconFrom twill10 2 years ago
- Recipe: Buffalo chicken Dip with bacon shopping list
- ©From the Kitchen of Deep South Dish© shopping list
- Prep time: 10 min |Cook time: 20 min | Yield: About 4 to 6 servings shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese shopping list
- 1 (3/4 ounce) packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing and Dip Mix shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup of hot sauce shopping list
- 1 cup of mozzarella, cheddar or monterey jack cheese, or any combination shopping list
- 2 cups of shredded, cooked chicken shopping list
- Cooked, crumbled bacon to garnish, optional shopping list
- Sliced green onion to garnish, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the cream cheese into chunks and place into a deep dish pie plate. Microwave on low/defrost for about 1 minute to soften. Add the ranch mix, 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and hot sauce; mix. Add the cheeses, stir; add the shredded chicken, stir. Add additional mayonnaise if it is too dry.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, stir and garnish with sliced green onion and bacon, if desired. Serve on a warming platter with a side dish of mixed crackers, corn chips, Triscuit crackers, tortilla chips or your favorite dipper! Reheat in the microwave if needed.
- ~Cook's Notes~
- Tailgate version: Triple and prepare in a disposable aluminum pan. Cover with aluminum foil. Place the pan on a hot grill and heat until bubbly.
- Crockpot version: Double and combine all ingredients in a microwave safe mixing bowl, except use only half the cheese in the dip, reserving the remaining half. Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes on high, stop, stir and continue heating another 2-3 minutes. Stir and transfer to a crockpot. Heat on low for at least 30 minutes or until needed. Before serving, stir, top with remaining cheese, cover and let heat until cheese on top has melted.
- Microwave version: Combine ingredients in pie plate and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stir. Microwave another 3 minutes, stirring again. Time will depend on your microwave.
- Variation: Substitute an envelope of J&D's Bacon Ranch Dressing and Dip Mix for the Hidden Valley Ranch. Can also substitute canned chicken, drained - you'll want a larger sized can of quality chicken.
- Source: http://deepsouthdish.com
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!