Chocolate Mint ThumbprintsFrom Pinkjellybean21 4 years ago
- For the cookies you will need: shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter, or margarine. Softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa shopping list
- For the mint filling you will need: shopping list
- 1 cup butter or margarine. Softened shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract shopping list
- 2 drops green food color (as much as needed) shopping list
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon shorting shopping list
How to make it
- heat oven to 375 degrees F (if using a dark or non-stick cookie sheet, heat oven to 350 degrees F).
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on medium until fluffy
- beat in egg yolk until smooth
- beat in flour and cocoa
- shape dough by rounded teaspoons into 1 inch balls.
- on un-greased cookie sheet place cookie 1 inch apart
- with index finger or thumb, make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- bake 7-9 minutes or until set.
- immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack, cool completely (about 30 minutes)
- MINT FILLING:
- in a small bowl beat 1/4 cup butter and powdered sugar on low speed until smooth.
- beat in milk, peppermint extract and enough food color for desired color.
- spoon about 1/2 teaspoon filling into each cookie
- place chocolate chips and shortening in small resealable food storage plastic bag
- microwave on high for about 1 minute or until softened
- gently squeeze bag until chocolate is smooth; cut of the corner of the bag .
- squeeze bag to drizzle chocolate over cookies
- let stand about 1 hour or until chocolate is set
The CookPinkjellybean21 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!