Boston Butt In Crock PotFrom lovetolaughalot 3 years ago
- 1 boston butt - approx. 4-7 lbs. shopping list
- 1 onion, thickly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 T. paprika shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 tsp. celery salt shopping list
- 2 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1 (4-7 pound) boneless pork shopping list
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 4 tsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. white sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper shopping list
- hamburger buns. shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange the onion over the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker. Mix the brown sugar, paprika, salt, celery salt, chili powder and 1 tsp. pepper in a bowl. Rub over the surface of the pork and place it in the cooker. (I put the meat in with the fat on top. I do not trim the fat until AFTER I cook the meat, but some people don't trim it at all. (they mix it in for flavor)
- Mix the remaining ingredients (NOT BUNS! lol) and pour half over the pork. Reserve remaining half. Cook on High for one hour. Reduce heat to low and cook for 7 hours longer. Shred the pork and serve with the remaining vinegar sauce.
- Serve on buns, add choice of slaw and different barbecue sauces.
The Cooklovetolaughalot Lexington, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!