Delicious Paneer In Tangy Cashew SauceFrom saramathew84 5 years ago
- Paneer: 200gms (cubed) shopping list
- Cumin Seeds: 1tsp shopping list
- ginger Garlic Paste: 2tsp shopping list
- Green Chilli: 1-2 slit shopping list
- Red Chilli Powder: Half to 1 tsp (Depending how spicy you like it) shopping list
- Cumin Powder: 1tsp shopping list
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2tsp shopping list
- tomato puree or Paste: 135gm pack [small tetra packs available in supermarkets] shopping list
- Kasoori Methi/Dried Fenugreek Leaves:2-3tbsp (Should be available in Indian stores/Grocery) shopping list
- cashew Paste*: 2tbsp shopping list
- Fresh Cream: 4-5 Tbsp shopping list
- Hot Water: about a cup (or depending on how thick or thin you like the curry) shopping list
- Salt: to taste shopping list
- oil shopping list
How to make it
- • Frozen paneer needs to be kept out in room temperature for 30mins before cooking it. I use Amul Malai Paneer. Should be available in Indian Groceries.
- • Take a handful of cashews. Break them roughly by hand and soak in a bit of hot water in a bowl for about 5mins. Grind this in a mixer grinder till smooth. The water should be enough to just make a paste of the cashews.
- • Heat a pan and dry roast the Kasoori Methi till it leaves a nice aroma. Set aside.
- • Heat oil in a pan. Add the Cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- • Add the Ginger Garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell disappears. Careful not to burn the mixture.
- • Add the Green Chilli and mix in.
- • Add Red Chilli Powder, Cumin Powder, Turmeric Powder and Salt. Mix well and then add the Tomato paste/puree . Mix and simmer till the oil separates on the sides of the pan.
- • Add in the paneer and mix well ensuring it is well coated in the masala. Cover and let it cook for about 5mins on low flame.
- • Add some hot water and mix. Not too much though. Let it come to a boil.
- • Crush the roasted kasoori methi using both palms and add to the gravy. Mix to combine.
- • Add the cashew paste. Mix and simmer for about 2-3minutes. Switch off the flame.
- • Beat the cream lightly and then pour over the dish .
- • Garnish with coriander leaves.
- • Good combination with chappatis/flat bread.
The Cooksaramathew84 Dubai, UAE
- Not added to any groups yet!