Easy Peasy Prawn BiriyaniFrom saramathew84 3 years ago
- Prawns: 350gms (medium sized, cleaned and deveined) shopping list
- Onions: 3 (Medium Sized) shopping list
- Tomatoes: 2(Medium Sized) shopping list
- Chopped Mint leaves: a bunch (1/2 cup approx) shopping list
- Chopped Corriander leaves: a bunch (approx 1 cup) shopping list
- Basmati Rice: 1.5 cups shopping list
- Green Cardamom: 2-3 shopping list
- Cloves: 5 shopping list
- Bayleaf: 1 shopping list
- Cinnamon: 1inch stick shopping list
- Red Chilli Powder: 1tsp shopping list
- Meat Masala: 1tsp (Should be available in Indian Grocery stores) shopping list
- Jeera Powder: ½ tsp shopping list
- Corriander Powder: 1tsp shopping list
- Salt: to taste shopping list
- ghee/clarified butter: 2-3tsp shopping list
- juice of a small lime shopping list
- Corriander leaves for Garnish shopping list
How to make it
- • Boil some water in a kettle. Keep aside.
- • Wash and soak rice in some water.
- • Marinate prawns with some salt, turmeric, red chilli powder and pepper powder (this is not listed in the ingredients. Marinate as per taste). Keep in the fridge for about 30mins.
- • Slice the onions. Chop the tomatoes.
- • Heat some oil in a pan. Fry the prawns till done. Remove on kitchen towel and set aside.
- • In the same oil, fry the onions till brown. Careful not to burn. Remove and set aside.
- • Use the same oil and add the tomatoes. Saute and then add the leaves. Let it cook and then remove and set aside.
- • In a heavy based pan. Heat a small amount of ghee/clarified butter and sauté the cardamom,cloves ,cinnamon stick and bayleaf. Add the rice and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- • Add the red chilli powder,meat masala,cumin powder,coriander powder. Mix well for 2-3minutes.
- • Add 3.5 cups of warm water from the kettle and salt to taste. When it starts boiling cover and cook on low heat for about 5mins.
- • Add fried onions (leave some for garnishing), tomatoes mixture and fried prawns.Mix well.
- • Check if the rice is almost done , if not add small amount of hot water (just enough to cook the rice- It should not get mushy).
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10-15mins.
- • Pour some more ghee and lime juice and mix in.
- • Garnish with chopped corriander leaves and fried onions.
- P.S. prawns can be substituted with King Fish or Pomfret. That tastes good too.
The Cooksaramathew84 Dubai, UAE
- Not added to any groups yet!