Peanut Butter PieFrom lishakay 2 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- • 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- • 1/3 cup dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely ground shopping list
- • 2 Tb sugar shopping list
- • ¼ cup + 2 Tb butter melted shopping list
- Pie shopping list
- • 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- • 3 Tb cornstarch shopping list
- • ¼ tsp salt shopping list
- • 2 ½ cups evaporated milk shopping list
- • 2 egg yolks, beaten shopping list
- • ½ cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- • ½ cup peanut butter morsels shopping list
- • 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
- • ½ cup whipping cream shopping list
- • 1 Tb powdered sugar shopping list
- • ¼ tsp vanilla shopping list
- • chopped dry roasted peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine graham crackers, peanuts and 2 Tb of sugar; stir in melted butter. Firmly press crumb mixture into lightly greased 9 inch pie plate. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes, or until browned. Let cool.
- 2. Combine 2/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a heavy saucepan. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- 3. Gradually stir about ¼ of hot mixture into beaten egg yolks; add back to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Cook, whisking constantly, 3 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter morsels and 1 tsp vanilla. Stir until morsels melt. Pour filling into baked pie crust. Cover and chill pie 3 hours or until firm.
- 5. Beat whipping cream at medium speed until foamy. Add powdered sugar and ¼ tsp vanilla, and beat until soft peaks form.
- 6. Top each slice with whipped cream, and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklishakay Belton, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!