Orange Cream Cheese Pound CakeFrom lishakay 5 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 1 8oz cream cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tsp. orange extract shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups cake flour or all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- FROSTING: shopping list
- 8oz/ cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 4oz/ butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. orange extract shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 325'F. Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and extracts until well blended. Add eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- 2. Add in flour and baking powder and beat at low speed until incorporated.
- 3. Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan and bake for 1 hour - 1 hour 10 min, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 4. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla and orange extracts and mix well. Gradually stir in the powered sugar and beat on low speed to combine for about a minute. Do not overbeat or it could become flat.
The Cooklishakay Belton, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!