Meatballs And GravyFrom lishakay 4 years ago
- • 1-1/4 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- • 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- • 1/3 cup unseasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- • 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- • 1 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- • cooked egg noodles for serving shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Heat oven to 350. Place a rack on a baking sheet and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 In a large bowl, mix ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, garlic salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper. Form into 40 meatballs, about 1 level tablespoon each. Place on prepared rack over baking sheet.
- 3 Bake meatballs at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally or until lightly browned. Sprinkle flour over the mixture, stir and cook 1 minute. Gradually stir in beef broth until the flour is completely incorporated into the liquid. Bring to a simmer. Stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and the nutmeg.
- 5 Add meatballs to the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with buttered egg noodles
The Cooklishakay Belton, TX
The Rating1 people
These were terrific. The recipe is easy to follow. They were gone in an instant, some didn't even make it to the table. I omitted the nutmeg and unfortunately I didn't have mushrooms on hand. Thank you Lishakay for sharing your recipeLoriMcInerney in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!