Meatballs And GravyFrom lishakay 3 years ago
- • 1-1/4 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- • 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- • 1/3 cup unseasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- • 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- • 1 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- • cooked egg noodles for serving shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Heat oven to 350. Place a rack on a baking sheet and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 In a large bowl, mix ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, garlic salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper. Form into 40 meatballs, about 1 level tablespoon each. Place on prepared rack over baking sheet.
- 3 Bake meatballs at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally or until lightly browned. Sprinkle flour over the mixture, stir and cook 1 minute. Gradually stir in beef broth until the flour is completely incorporated into the liquid. Bring to a simmer. Stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and the nutmeg.
- 5 Add meatballs to the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with buttered egg noodles
The Cooklishakay Belton, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!