Banana PuddingFrom lishakay 2 years ago
- • 1/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- • 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- • ¼ tsp salt shopping list
- • 3 cups milk shopping list
- • 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- • 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- • ½ stick butter shopping list
- • 1 (12 oz) box Nilla wafers shopping list
- • 5 ripe bananas, sliced shopping list
- • whipping cream shopping list
- • confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- • vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Mix the cornstarch, sugar and salt in a saucepan over low heat. Slowly add the milk and cook until the mixture begins to thicken, about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2. Put the eggs in a small bowl and slowly whisk in a ladleful of the hot milk to temper the egg.
- 3. Add the milk/egg mixture back to the saucepan and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly. When thick, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and butter. Mix well to combine and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- 4. Refrigerate covered with plastic wrap, until well chilled.
- 5. In a large bowl, add a layer of vanilla wafers, a layer of bananas and a layer of pudding. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 6. In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream with a little confectioner’s sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff, but do not over beat.
- 7. Top pudding with whipped cream and serve.
The Cooklishakay Belton, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!