SOUTHWEST SHRIMP WITH CHILE-LIME SALSAFrom coffeebean53 9 years ago
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, de-veined, tails intact shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil No-Stick cooking spray shopping list
- juice of 2 limes, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- ¼ tsp. cumin shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 - 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped shopping list
- Hot, cooked pasta or white rice as an accompaniment shopping list
How to make it
- Place shrimp in a medium mixing bowl.
- Spray shrimp lightly with cooking spray.
- Add half the lime juice; sprinkle with chili powder and salt and pepper to taste; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Place a large sauté pan, generously sprayed with cooking spray, over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion and jalapeño peppers for about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp; sauté for 2 minutes or until just opaque in center.
- Stir in tomato, cilantro and remaining lime juice. Cook for 1 minute more. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Serve immediately over cooked pasta or white rice.