Spiced Puffed Pancake With Fresh Fruit And Lemon Yogurt SauceFrom akitchenaddiction 5 years ago
- * 1/2 C all purpose flour shopping list
- * 3 tbsp sugar shopping list
- * 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- * 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- * 1/8 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- * 1/8 tsp allspice shopping list
- * 1/2 C fat-free milk shopping list
- * 2 eggs shopping list
- * 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- * 1 C nonfat plain yogurt shopping list
- * 2-4tbsp honey depending on desired sweetness shopping list
- * 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- * 2 C fresh fruit shopping list
- * confectioner's sugar for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 400.
- 2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- 4. Pour the flour mixture over the egg mixture and whisk until no large dry spots remain. Do not over mix. The batter will be lumpy.
- 5. Place the butter in a 9 1/2 inch pie plate. Place pie plate in oven for 4-6 minutes or until butter is melted and bubbly.
- 6. Take out plate and pour batter into it. It is okay if the batter isn't perfectly even.
- 7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until sides get tall and and puffy.
- 8. While pancake is baking, mix together the yogurt, honey, and lemon juice in a small bowl for the sauce.
- 9. As soon as the pancake is out of the oven, dab the excess butter out of the center with a paper towel and pour sauce into the center. Decorate with fruit.
- 10. Try to serve the pancake as quickly as possible as the sides begin to fall as it cools.
The Cookakitchenaddiction Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Not added to any groups yet!