Dakbokkeum Tang (spicy Chicken Stew)From oliviajasonkim 4 years ago
- 8 chicken pieces (thighs, breasts or drumsticks are best) shopping list
- 3 medium sized potatoes, cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 onions, cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup glass noodles, soak in water for approx. 30 min. (optional) shopping list
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded (optional for those wanting more heat) shopping list
- 2 tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tbsp gochujang (hot pepper paste) shopping list
- 2 tbsp gochugaru (red pepper flakes) shopping list
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1.5 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 2 green onions shopping list
- 3 cups of water shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- salt and pepper (to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and cut potatoes, onions, bell pepper, and carrots according to preference.
- Seed and slice up jalapenos if you want the stew extra spicy. (optional) Soak vermicelli noodles in water for at least 10 minutes. (optional)
- Add chicken pieces (leaving the skin on) into a large pot filled with water. Add bay leaves and boil for 15 minutes. Foam/scum should form at the top. Rinse and discard .
- Combine all ingredients (except green onions) with chicken pieces including 3 cups of water.
- Cover and cook for about 30 minutes or until the liquid sauce has thickened.
- Add salt and pepper according to taste preference.
- Add glass noodles with chopped scallions and simmer for 5 additional minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Garnish with sesame seeds or scallion strips.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!