California Walnut Meringues With Limoncello ButtercreamFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 1.13 oz walnuts shopping list
- 1.72 oz icing sugar shopping list
- 1 egg white, room temperature shopping list
- 1 tsp meringue powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tsp green colouring (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup coconut oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup icing sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp limoncello liqueur shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon extract shopping list
- zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- dash yellow colour (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment (do not grease or use silicone).
- Pulse the walnuts with the icing sugar in a food processor until finely ground, then sift See Photo. Set aside.
- In a very clean bowl with electric beaters, beat the egg white, meringue powder, sugar and salt until stiff peaks form (this should take 8-10 minutes).
- Beat in the vanilla and colouring until well blended.
- Gently dust the walnut mixture over the beaten mixture and gently fold it in until the meringue is smooth and shiny.
- Transfer to a piping bag (or plastic bag with the corner snipped off) and pipe 3/4" rounds on the parchment.
- Tap the baking sheet on a counter gently (to release any trapped air bubbles), then set aside for 15 minutes. See Photo
- Place in the oven and immediately reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Bake 10-12 minutes and cool completely on the sheets.
- Cream together coconut oil, icing sugar, Limoncello, extract, lemon zest and colouring until creamy.
- Chill at least 1 hour before filling the macarons with 1/2 tbsp of the mixture.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth446 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Christmas All Year182 members
Dairy Free110 members
Family Favourites134 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Holiday Cookie Swappers222 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
All Holidays135 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members