Homemade "vicks Vapor Shower Disks"From MsEEKKM 4 years ago
How to make it
- 1) Add baking soda to a mixing bowl. Updated to add - I don't really measure. Maybe 2-3 cups?
- 2) Slowly add water until you've made a thick paste. Updated to add: add just a little water a time. You'll want the mix to feel like putty.
- 3) Add 15 drops of each essential oil.
- 4) Spoon in to a muffin tin, and let sit out for 12-18 hours. You can also bake these, but I just left them out overnight.
- 5) Pop these suckers out of the paper liner, plop it in your shower, and let the essential oils steam away your stuffy nose. Edited to add: put them anywhere on the floor of the shower; it doesn't matter where!
- Now, if you need me, I'll be in the shower with streams of snot running down the drain. Charmed I'm sure.
- Have you seen the commercials for the Vicks Vapor shower disk thingies? You put one of these disks in your shower, and voila thanks to the vapors in it, you're magically healed, your cold is gone, and your face is shockingly free of snot. I always used to watch the "Noxema girl" splashing water on her face and wondered how she was able to wash her face without being completely overrun with boogers. I'm the only one? Yes? Ok, moving along then...
- Regardless, Vicks makes these things and I'm sure they're super expensive for something that is just going to wash down your drain.
- You know where I'm going with this, right?
- I made them myself.
- The idea started a few weeks ago when my sweet little nephew Parker came down with Croup for like the 1,438th time. My sister mentioned that they were taking long steamy showers with him to try to clear out his lungs. My brain started churning and I thought "surely there can be something they could add to the shower to help him even more". Homemade Vicks Vapor shower disk thingies were born.
- And they couldn't be any simpler.
The CookMsEEKKM Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!