Baked Macaroni With Ham 'n CheeseFrom hungrynow 3 years ago
- 1/2 lb Short tubular macaroni shopping list
- 4 tb butter shopping list
- 3 tb flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 c milk shopping list
- 2 c Grated xtra-sharp cheddar (approximately 1/4 lb) shopping list
- salt 'n freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 lb cooked ham, cut into 1/4" cubes shopping list
- paprika (I use SZEGED Hungarian paprika) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook macaroni 6 - 8 min. (al dente) and drain.
- Heat 4 tbs of butter & stir in flour. Cook and stir over med. heat about 3 minutes to lightly brown.
- Vigorously stir in milk and cook until thickened. Stir in 3 tbs cheese until melted. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Toss macaroni with the sauce & ham.
- Arrange a layer of macaroni in 8" x 8" buttered casserole, cover with a generous dusting of paprika and a layer of cheese. Continue layering ending with cheese. (About 3 layers)
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes in 375' oven until bubbly. Serve with green salad & Mushrooms Riviera (recipe to follow).