Galbi Tang (Korean beef Short Ribs Soup)From oliviajasonkim 3 years ago
- •2 lb beef short ribs shopping list
- •1/2 large Korea radish, cut into 1 inch slices shopping list
- •4 oz sweet potato or glass noodles (dangmyun) shopping list
- •2 tsp sea salt (Kosher okay too) shopping list
- •2 scallions, sliced into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- •2 egg strips (optional; garnish) shopping list
- •1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional; garnish) shopping list
- For the seasoning sauce: shopping list
- •3 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- •2 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- •4 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- •1 tsp ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Soak the ribs in a bowl of cold water for about an hour to drain the blood, changing the water if necessary.
- 2.Mix sliced radish and add with the seasoning sauce.
- 3.After soaking and rinsing the ribs, place in a large pot and cover with water until submerged. Add half onion, few garlic pieces, and a slice of ginger (this step is optional).
- 4.Bring to a boil for about 15 minutes, removing any foam or scum that float to the top.
- 5.Drain and rinse the ribs under cold water removing any impurities. Add new water just until ribs are submerged (more water can be added if desired).
- 6.Bring to a boil, and then simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- 7.Add the radish and sauce mixture and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- 8.Lastly, add the vermicelli noodles and scallions and cook for another few minutes.
- 9.Garnish with thinly cut egg strips and toasted sesame seeds.
- 10.Serve with rice and other banchan (side dishes).
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!