Black-eyed Pea Jambalaya (vegetarian)From sweetwords 4 years ago
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- scant 1/2 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 1/8 tsp sage shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp garlic shopping list
- 1 tomato shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 1-2 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice shopping list
- 1 cup cooked black-eyed peas (if using canned, drain peas) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Chop onion, celery, and bell pepper; mince garlic; peel and chop tomato.
- Heat oil in large skillet; melt butter in. Add 1/4 cup each (yes, that's right) of onion, celery, and bell pepper; stir in seasonings and garlic. Saute about 8 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and cook a minute, stirring.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 cups of vegetables and add tomato. Stir in broth, rice, and peas; simmer 30 minutes.
- If jambalaya gets too dry, add more broth and/or tomato sauce to balance tastes.
- Bon Appetit!
The Cooksweetwords Raleigh, MS
- Not added to any groups yet!