Smoked Sausage And Kale PastaFrom optimistic1_2 1 year ago
- pound and a half of good hot italian sausage, casings removed shopping list
- 1 bunch of red kale, chopped to bite size pieces shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of hot pepper flakes shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed shopping list
- 1/4 cup of good quality olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock shopping list
- grated parmesean. fresh shopping list
- pasta of your choice, I used whole grain scooby doos (terrible with sizes used 3/4 pkg of large scoobi doos). shopping list
How to make it
- In small saucepan add your oil and smashed garlic. set on low heat...leave alone, you don't want to boil the oil, you want to flavour it.
- In large cast iron frying pan add sausage and onion. I put mine on the bbq , for the flavour, ( I closed the lid and added hickory chips)break up and stir frequently, you want small and large pieces, cook until brown
- While sausage is cooking heat water and cook pasta to directions.
- add kale stir fry with sausage, till wilted, add stock and hot pepper flakes, set aside.
- drain pasta
- add pasta to sausage mixture, (Or vice versa depending on your skillet size)
- drizzle with garlic olive oil, toss,
- grate with parmesean...toss
- serve with extra parm.
- We loved it!
- Had it with salad and garlic bread.
The Cookoptimistic1_2 Guelph, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!