Steak Au PoivreFrom sosousme 1 year ago
- 4 beef tenderloin filets (about 5 ounces and 1 inch thick) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into 4 pieces shopping list
- (now for the exact science part) shopping list
- a few dashes Tabasco sauce, to taste shopping list
- a few dashes worcestershire sauce, to taste shopping list
- a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, to taste shopping list
- a nice pour of cognac , or a few dashes if you prefer, about 2 tablespoons shopping list
- Fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- Fresh chopped chives shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle the pepper evenly over both sides of each steak, pressing it in well with the heal of your hand. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a heavy oven proof skillet, preferably your cast iron one (you do have a cast iron fry pan right? If not, get one and season it well, you will LOVE it) over high heat. When the pan is hot, put a layer of salt on the bottom, once the salt just starts to brown, add the steaks. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes; then turn and place a pat of butter on the top of each steak, dash your tabasco, Worcestershire, lemon juice and cognac into the pan, stand back and carefully pull the pan down to ignite the cognac, once the flame subsides, place in the oven and cook for 3 minutes more. Remove the steaks from the pan to warmed plates, swirl the drippings around and pour over the steak. Sprinkle with the parsley and chives and serve.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!