Meatball SubsFrom luge161 4 years ago
- 1 lb ground beef shopping list
- 1 lb italian sausage shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1.25 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
- 3/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan or romano cheese shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- pinch of red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 tsp of onion powder shopping list
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 6 hero rolls shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 Tbsp white sugar shopping list
- ample supply of olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Place the breadcrumbs in a large bowl with 3/4 cup warm water. Mix till well soaked. Add other meatball ingredients. Combine with hands till well disturbed. Form mixture into 2-inch meatballs are arrange on a tray.
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in dutch oven. When hot, add 4-5 meatballs to pan. Do not move them till the side is well browned. These meatballs are soft, so use a gentle hand. When all sides are browned, transfer meatballs to a paper towel-lined tray.
- Discard the oil. Caution, your pan is going to be really hot so wait a bit for the pan to cool before continuing. Heat tomato sauce in dutch oven. Add the meatballs, cover the pan and simmer them on the lowest heat possible for 25 to 30 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- [section]Caramelize onions[/seciton]
- Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil and butter in a heavy large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion, sprinkle with salt, a little pepper, and sugar. Cook slowly stirring occasionally till they are golden brown.
- Turn on broiler on high. Lay rolls open. Arrange three meatballs, a spoonful of sauce, and caramelized onion on each roll. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmasen cheese. Place under broiler till cheese starts browning. Serve.
- Adapted from:
The Cookluge161 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!