Beef Pho SoupFrom twohot 1 year ago
- 3 thick slices gingerroot shopping list
- 2 whole cloves shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed shopping list
- 1 whole star anise shopping list
- 1 strip (3 inches/8 cm long) lime rind shopping list
- 1/2 tsp(2 mL) coriander seeds shopping list
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black peppercorns shopping list
- 4 cups (1 L) beef stock shopping list
- 2 cups (500 mL) water shopping list
- 1/2 onion shopping list
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fish sauce shopping list
- 8 oz (227 g) top sirloin grilling steak shopping list
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh coriander shopping list
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lime juice shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 6 oz (170 g) rice stick noodles shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) bean sprouts shopping list
- chopped fresh mint or coriander or sliced green onions shopping list
How to make it
- In centre of 6-inch (15 cm) double-thickness square of cheesecloth, place gingerroot, cloves, garlic, star anise, lime rind, coriander seeds and peppercorns; pull up corners and tie into bundle with string.
- In saucepan, bring stock, water, onion, fish sauce and spice bag to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Discard spice bag. (Make-ahead: Let cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate, uncovered, until cold. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Bring to simmer before continuing.)
- Slice beef as thinly as possible; add to saucepan and bring to boil, skimming off any foam with spoon. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add chopped coriander, mint, lime juice and green onions.
- Meanwhile, in pot of boiling salted water, cook rice noodles until tender but firm, about 5 minutes; drain. Divide among 4 soup bowls. Top with bean sprouts. Pour beef mixture over noodles. Garnish with mint.
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!