Pork Al PastorFrom bojangles42 3 years ago
- 2 lb pork cut into 1/2" cubes (pork butt, country style boneless rubs, something will some fat in it works best) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 sprigs of thyme or 2 teas dried thyme shopping list
- 1 c milk- any type shopping list
- juice from two limes shopping list
- 3/4 orange or pineapple juice (I favor pineapple juice) shopping list
- 1 teas salt shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 teas chipolte or ancho powder shopping list
For pineapple salsa
- 1/2 fresh pineapple skinned , cored, sliced into wedges, and grilled shopping list
- 1 sm onion diced (about 1 c) red or sweet onion shopping list
- 1/4 c cilantro shopping list
- juice 1 lime shopping list
- 1/2 teas chipotle powder or 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 12 corn or flour taco tortillas (grilled or warmed) shopping list
How to make it
- Place the pork in a cooking pot.
- Add the milk, lime juice, and pineapple or orange juice
- If the meat is not covered in liquid , add water to cover.
- Stir in the garlic, thyme, chipotle powder, and salt
- Bring to a soft boil, reduce to medium simmer and cover for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to simmer until all the liquid has disappeared. Remove from heat. Serve meat on tortillas with pineapple salsa
- Diced the grilled pineapple to about the same size as the diced onion
- Stir the pineapple with the onion, chipotle powder or jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. Taste and season with salt and sugar as needed.
The Cookbojangles42 Rochester, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!