Wholegrain Spelt Tortillas Or Rye TortillasFrom graceeh 2 years ago
How to make it
- In a food processor, add the flour And fat and pulse several times. Then let motor run until the fat is invisibly integrated into the flour.
- Mix together the very warm water, salt and (optional) ascorbic acid.
- With the machine running, slowly add the liquid ingredients through the food tube and let machine run until ingredients collect into a ball. Pulse 5 times more. Dough should be softer than yeast bread dough consistency. If necessary add a tablespoon of water and process for another 15 seconds or until well incorporated.
- Divide dough into 12 equal portions, rolling each into a smooth ball. Set balls aside and cover with plastic to rest for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours at room temperature.
- Roll each ball out to 7-inches and cook on medium-hot griddle until brown spots start forming on the bottom side. Flip and repeat with the other side. If they balloon up, that is even better!
- Set each in a folded teatowel inside a plastic bag or tortilla keeper. Serve warm.
The Cookgraceeh Kingston, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!