Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip CupcakesFrom jessikate717 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 whole eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips chips/morsels shopping list
chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 block cream cheese (8 ounces), softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder shopping list
- 1-2 tablespoons milk, if needed shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and peanut butter together in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and eggs and beat together until fluffy. Add vanilla and mix for another minute or so.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Add the milk. Once mixed, add remaining dry ingredients. Fold in peanut butter morsels.
- Pour into cupcake tins and fill 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350. Let cool, then frost.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add in vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time and add cocoa powder, increasing the speed to mix. If the frosting it a bit too thick, add milk 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. If it is too thin, add additional sugar gradually. Frost cupcakes once cooled. Top with chocolate shavings.