Stuffed Cabbage StoupFrom mrspotatohead 7 years ago
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked white rice shopping list
- 6 cups chicken stock, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds ground meatloaf mix (a combination of beef, pork and veal) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander shopping list
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika shopping list
- salt and pepper (to taste) shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced with a vegetable peeler into strips then finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2-3/4 head savoy cabbage, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dill, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a sauce pot over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the rice and toss to coat in oil.
- Add 2 cups of chicken stock, bring up to a simmer, cover and cook for 16 to 18 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Heat a deep pot over medium high heat. Add the remaining extra-virgin olive oil,
- Once hot add meat and begin to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season the meat with allspice, coriander, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add bay leaf, onions, garlic and carrots. Cook veggies 2 to 3 minutes to begin to soften them, then add cabbage and wilt it down a bit.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and remaining stock and cover the pot.
- Raise the heat to high and bring the soup to a simmer. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, add to the soup and continue to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and dill,
- Adjust salt and pepper to your taste, and serve.
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!