Homemade OreosFrom j_dub76 4 years ago
- Cookie: shopping list
- 1 1/4 Cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 Cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 2 Cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl), combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add the butter, stir, then add the egg. Mix until a dough forms.
- Using a cookie scoop (I used a 1 1/2 Tbsp. for the large cookies and a 1 tsp. for the small), scoop out the dough. Roll into a ball then flatten slightly between your palms. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough, making sure you have an even number of cookies.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes (the small cookies were done after about 8 minutes and the large ones after about 11), until cookies are set.
- While the cookies are baking, cream together the butter and shortening. Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- When the cookies have cooled, frost one cookie then sandwich with another similar sized cookie (bottom to bottom). Repeat until all cookies have been sandwiched together.
The Cookj_dub76 Boise, Idaho
- Not added to any groups yet!