Chinese Sauteed Mango ChickenFrom sm8085 1 year ago
- 1 lb chicken fillet, chopped into bite sized pieces shopping list
- 2 fresh semi ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped into smaller bite sized pieces shopping list
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 1 cup spring onions, sliced diagonally shopping list
- ½ cup red peppers sliced shopping list
- 2” fresh ginger, finely sliced shopping list
- 1 star anise shopping list
- peanut/vegetable oil to cook with shopping list
- For the Sauce Mix: shopping list
- 2 tbsp sherry/ Chinese cooking wine shopping list
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar/red wine vinegar/ 1 tbsp white vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tbsp corn flour shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 2 tsp corn flour dissolved in 2 tsp water shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the ingredients of the marinade , add chicken to it making sure each piece is coated well. Refigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil for deep frying in a large pan or deep fat fryer. When the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces in small batches and fry until golden brown. Remove the chicken pieces and drain on kitchen towels. Set aside. (Reserve some oil to cook with)
- Whisk the chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar, corn starch and cooking wine together.
- Heat oil in a wok, add star anise, shallots and ginger and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the sauce mix and bring to a boil. Add water if the sauce is too thick.
- Add the fried chicken pieces, spring onions, red pepper and mango . Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.