Buttermilk Chicken MarinadeFrom cherylnail 4 years ago
- 4-4 lbs. bone in chicken pieces. shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed shopping list
- 1 TB olive oil shopping list
- 2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp dill weed ( dried) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all of the ingredients except chicken in a gallon sized zippered bag.
- Add the chicken pieces and coat well.
- Refrigerate 2 - 3 hours or overnight
- Fire up your charcoal making two banks of coals with an empty center.
- Shake the chicken off as you pull it from the marinade.
- Place chicken in the middle of the grill, cooking over indirect heat.
- Turn every 10 min.
- Cook until done, Roughly 30 to 60 min. depending on the size of the pieces used. If in doubt use a meat thermometer- 165 is the safe interior temp. for poultry.
The Cookcherylnail Visalia, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!