Beef Stroganoff W Bella MushroomsFrom oliviajasonkim 1 year ago
- •1 or 1.5 lbs beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced (or prime tenderloin if affordable) shopping list
- •1 packet beef stroganoff powder (McCormick) shopping list
- •4 cups wide egg noodles shopping list
- •1 tbsp butter shopping list
- •8 oz fresh Bella mushrooms (cremini or regular okay) shopping list
- •2 medium onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- •1 garlic clove, finely chopped shopping list
- •1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- •1 cup sour cream shopping list
- •salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- •beef broth (optional) shopping list
- •parsley flakes (garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cut beef across grain into thin 2-inch strips or preferred sizes. For easier slicing, place beef in the freezer for about an hour. Cut the onions into thin rings, mushrooms thinly sliced (decapping is optional).
- 2. Cook beef strips in non-stick pan or skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until browned. Add the mushrooms, onions, minced garlic, and butter, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a sauce pan add the water and beef stroganoff sauce packet, stir constantly to avoid clumping. Cook according to packet directions, while adjusting the amount of sour cream and Worcestershire sauce according to taste preference. For extra sauce, add in beef broth or water.
- 4. Stir in the sauce with the beef mixture and cook for another 5 minutes or until sauce thickens up.
- 5. Top the sauce over the cooked egg noodles and garnish with parsley flakes. Enjoy!
- *For original beef stroganoff sauce, simply melt 1 tbsp butter in pan over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add 1 cup beef broth and 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly to avoid clumping. Remove from heat and lastly add the sour cream. Add salt and pepper according to taste.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!