Dubu Kimchi ( Koreantofu W Sauted Kimchi)From oliviajasonkim 1 year ago
- •2 cups kimchi , roughly chopped into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- •1/2 cup of thinly sliced pork (or bacon), sliced into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- •1 block firm tofu, cut into 2-inch squares shopping list
- •2 tbsp gochujang (red pepper paste) shopping list
- •2 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- •2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- •1 tsp soy sauce shopping list
- •1 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- •1 tsp sesame seeds shopping list
- •1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- •2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil shopping list
- •green onion strips (garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Cut the tofu block into squares (see pics above) and pat dry with paper towels, removing excess liquid. Coat a non-stick frying pan or skillet with generous amount of oil and cook the tofu pieces until browned on both sides. Remove and set aside on paper-lined plate to remove excess oil.
- 2.In the same pan or skillet, add 1 tbsp of oil and saute the pork pieces on medium-high heat until almost cooked through. Pink coloration should not be visible, as pork should always be cooked thoroughly.
- 3.Add kimchi and remaining ingredients to the sauteed pork and fry for about 7, 8 minutes. If sauce has evaporated, adding water is optional to thicken.
- 4.Plate the tofu pieces on the outside edge of the serving dish, while topping the sauteed kimchi and pork in the middle. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion strips. Enjoy!
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!