Ahi Tuna Tataki Salad with Lemon-Wasabi DressingFrom luisascatering 2 years ago
- lemon wasabi Dressing: shopping list
- 1 small shallot, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1-2 teaspoons prepared wasabi shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mirin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon yuzu juice shopping list
- granulated sugar, to taste shopping list
- 4 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- Tuna: shopping list
- 12 ounces fresh ahi tuna, sashimi quality, 4 (3-ounce) portions shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ichimi togarashi (or crushed red pepper flakes) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pink himalayan salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup daikon radish sprouts, for garnish shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- Salad: shopping list
- 4 cups *mixed baby asian greens shopping list
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed to room temp shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, juliened shopping list
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, cut into thin batons shopping list
- 1 small heirloom tomato, cut into small wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Add all the dressing ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth See Photo. With the blender running, add the canola oil in a steady stream to create an emulsion. Store in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Season the tuna portions with togarashi and salt. Sear the tuna in canola oil on all sides and cut each into even slices, set aside. See Photo
- Meanwhile, place the greens in a mixing bowl and season lightly with dressing.
- Distribute the salad in equal amounts on 4 serving plates. Top with pickled ginger and edamame and cucumber on sides. Arrange slices around and drizzle with a little more of the dressing. Garnish the tuna with the daikon sprouts and the plate with a little Hawaiian black lava salt, if desired.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating2 people
wow..............this is a plate of art! thank you for sharing, you are a generous woman Luisagourmetana in London loved it
Awesome! The wasabi dressing worked so well with everything! I did the tuna on the barbie and pan fried some capers to top it off.
Thank you!cookingcarpenter in victoria loved it
This a great recipe... I've made it many times.
Thanks Luisa!cookingcarpenter in victoria loved it