Chicken Ragu W RigatoniFrom oliviajasonkim 3 years ago
- •1 lb rigatoni (or other short cut pasta) shopping list
- •3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- •1 1/2 lb. boneless chicken breasts (or thighs), chopped into small bite-sized pieces shopping list
- •1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- •1 carrot, peeled and grated shopping list
- •4, 5 pieces Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- •1, 2 bay leaf shopping list
- •1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- •2 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- •1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- •1/4 cup marsala shopping list
- •1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- •1 28 oz. jar spaghetti sauce of choice shopping list
- •1 26 oz. diced tomatoes shopping list
- •1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated (mandatory!) shopping list
- •A handful of fresh basil leaves, torn shopping list
- •1/4 pound pancetta or bacon, diced (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large skillet or non-stick pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat and brown the chicken pieces on all sides. Cook until slightly browned and any pink spots are removed.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut the vegetables into desired pieces or use a grater for smaller sizes. Lower the heat and add the basil, onions, carrots, mushrooms, garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the veggies are softened, about 10 minutes.
- 3.Stir in the bay leaves, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Marsala, white wine, and herbs. Semi-cover with lid and cook on low with a slight bubble for about 30 minutes to infuse all ingredients. Sample the sauce and add salt and pepper according to taste. Discard bay leaves before combining with chicken pieces.
- 4. Cook the rigatoni according to package directions, but don't forget to add salt to the boiling water. In addition, do not rinse under cold water; drain in colander hot and set aside.
- 5. After rigatoni pasta and sauce are finished, combine the two and plate. Grate plenty of fresh parmesan cheese and garnish with extra basil leaves. Enjoy!
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!