FarinaFrom iamericap 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk shopping list
- 12 oz water shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 large eggs (beaten) shopping list
- 1 heaping tsp vanilla shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter (cut into cubes) shopping list
- 3/4 cup cream of wheat enriched farina (2 1/2 minute cook time) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, water, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. (Takes about 15 minutes.)
- *In a separate bowl*, beat eggs. Add vanilla and cubed butter into eggs and set aside.
- Slowly stir in the farina and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the eggs, vanilla, and butter mixture. Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- In the winter, serve as a hot mush.
- In the summer, pour into a buttered loaf pan, cover and refrigerate. Once chilled, serve with whipped cream and fruit or berries.
The Cookiamericap Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!